Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Week!!

Are the stockings hung by the chimney? Are the bubble lights and tinsle on the tree? Is the homemade fruitcake wrapped in bourbon-soaked linen cloths? Is the divinity in the silver dish on the table? Is the big ham in the oven coated with brown sugar and cloves? And the family dog struggling to get out of the knitted sweater, poor thing. Those are some memories from my childhood. And even after I moved away, those thoughts swirled in my mind as I made my journey home each year. Whatever brings back those sweet memories is stirring in all of us this week of Christmas.

Antique Queens is an enchanting place brimming with items reminescent of those bygone days... I saw the same transferware that adorned my parent's table and the cranberry rimmed glasses that held the ambrosia (Daddy's favorite) there. Walking through Antique Queens is a glimpse into the lives of our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents and the glad memories will flood back to you as you browse.

Come find a piece of nostalgia to place on your mantle this season or wrap up to place under the tree for a loved one. Antique Queens is open 10:00 am until 5:30 pm this week and until 4:00 on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas and God Bless You!
Cody & Zena, Lanna & Jerry
and staff

No comments:

Post a Comment